3.3 Climate/Climate change: Bhutan Travel Cost
Displaying 1-11 of 11 result(s).
» Alina Desai » July 4, 2019 5:19:37 PM +07 » 0

As one of the most exclusive destinations in the world, Bhutan is often projected and perceived as a high cost destination.

This is because of the daily tariff rate fixed by the Bhutan government, which is USD 250 during the peak seasons of spring and autumn and USD 200 during the leans monsoon and winter seasons.

Most prospective travellers are unaware that this daily Bhutan travel tariff covers tourist standard hotel accommodation, meals, transport and an English-speaking guide. When you consider that all these costs are covered, it is not all that expensive.

From this daily tariff the government takes USD 65 a day as royalty fee. This is an important contribution to the government’s exchequer and goes into financing the country’s social welfare programmes. Tourism also happens to be the country’s number one source of hard currency earnings, which means a lot for a small landlocked economy that is import driven, from essentials to heavy equipment and machinery.

The system of a daily fixed tariff was established decades ago when the tourism industry was guided by the “high value, low volume” principle. It was an attempt to restrict the numbers of visitors largely because of the absence of infrastructure to support huge numbers at a time. Even today if 10,000 tourists showed up in a day there would be no place to accommodate them!

Today the “high value, low volume” principle has changed to “high value, low impact” basically indicating that it is not so much the numbers which is of concern but the impact visitors could have on the natural environment and local culture. In fact in recent years, the government has been trying to tap the regional markets and promote Bhutan as a destination for meetings, conferences and events. This is because tourism is an important industry not only in terms of hard currency earnings but also in creating employment opportunities for young Bhutanese in the service and hospitality sector.

On the daily tariff itself, tour operators offers all kinds of discounts depending on the group size and duration of stay. Check these discount schemes when looking for cost of travel to Bhutan.

Come to Bhutan and find out for yourself whether the Bhutan travel cost is too high or reasonable! And lets us know what you think!

Attachment: 30db266ef251554c590adc4fc3b8fa50.jpg
» Chandler Kyrie » July 13, 2019 10:13:10 PM +07 » 0

Normal appointments listed here are the easiest method to thanks for the work, that is why I am going to the website daily, searching for brand new, fascinating data. Numerous, with thanks! Capital Gains Tax Advice

» jasonpaul » July 16, 2019 1:37:55 AM +07 » 0

https://www.google.com
<a href="https://www.google.com">google.com/</a>
[url=https://www.google.com]google.com/[/url]

» Ted Wilson » July 17, 2019 1:11:41 AM +07 » 0

I want to go to Bhutan with my mates. But, they are busy doing the https://www.agilitypr.com/pr-news/public-relations/10-biggest-content-marketing-trends-for-2019/ work currently. I've asked them to take holidays, but they won't do it.

» david john » August 16, 2019 10:18:33 PM +07 » 0

Your blogs further more each else volume is so entertaining further serviceable It appoints me befall retreat encore. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. 123movies

» david john » August 24, 2019 2:31:51 AM +07 » 0

KVS condected Anuval examinations in KVS 10th Model Paper 2020 will count towards the total marks in a subject KVS 10th Question Paper 2020 board exam will be conducted for 80 marks and remaining 20 marks will be kept for the internal assessment. If you talk about Mathematics, 10 marks out of 20 will be taken from the results of the school exams. The remaining 10 marks will be taken form internal evaluation

» cool kiu00 » August 27, 2019 10:09:09 AM +07 » 0

congratulations! it's a wonderful thing! I agree with your opinion!
cool maps

» fov roth » August 27, 2019 3:35:32 PM +07 » 0

How good your work is never brings you close to success but how good you perform your work helps you in being close to success. Appreciate!  live streaming

» david john » September 12, 2019 12:52:50 AM +07 » 0

This is a really good post this. Truly, a magnificent art is making an article. And you are quite a master at that art. I would tell you to keep on continuing this awesome work of yours 192.168.o.1 password change

» fov roth » September 13, 2019 4:27:20 PM +07 » 0

I want to personally thank you for your hard work and dedication. shipping container homes cost

» jasonpaul » September 18, 2019 12:06:23 AM +07 » 0

Thank you a lot for providing individuals with a very spectacular possibility to read critical reviews from this site. kitchen appliances products

118 guest(s) and 0 active member(s)

In the past 15 minutes
0 anonymous member(s)

locked topic Locked topic
sticky topic Sticky topic
global topic Global topic

Board Statistics

Total Post: 1139
Total Responses: 2333
Total members: 3083
Visitors today: 7069

Concact Us